Today I finished setting the solar lights on either of the front sidewalk. One light was missing its spike, and then there were seven. The ground was moist and accepted the spikes without much trouble. I only worry that the ground will hold the lights when the winter storms come through.
The harsh realities of math required that one light be placed in the middle of a sweet pea. The sweet pea was already struggling due to thin soil and lack of room to breathe in that narrow bed. The foliage was an unhealthy light green. I pruned the plant back from the sidewalk to make room for the light, likely causing more trauma. I added a half bag of soil amendment, watered the plant deeply and will monitor its progress back to health.