Water was running down the driveway when I went out to feed Spots this morning. The irrigation system seems to be working well. I also checked the sprinkler heads to ensure decent flow to newly pruned lantanas.
I deadheaded and trimmed the shrub daisy in the large back yard planter box, trying for a fuller shape as I have in the Oakland garden. I also trimmed the Saint John’s wort to prevent sprawl. The Martha Washington geranium may be a loss – I added supplemental water to save the roots. I am waiting until the weather is consistently warmer to cut back the damaged growth.
I removed dead growth from the sweet pea and the jasmine, and Mike ran feeders from the main irrigation line to the two pots. The two plants continue to struggle, and I may need a replacement sweet pea.
Moles have found wonderful burrowing around the crassula, and I deployed the used cat litter. The plant shows new growth in the center
I watered the ice plant border below the back lawn until it gently puddled. White lantana did not survive – I will replant it when I can direct a water line to it or new rain is forecast.