I was up early to dig out weeds and Bermuda grass at the end of the flagstones by the gazebo. The roots roots went all the way to China. I planted two six packs of aptenia, a dark green variety. That variety seems to have come back more successfully in Oakland. The ground in that area was soaked. I will look for sprayers that are less than 360 degrees or bubblers to replace what is there.
I have settled into maintenance mode for the dry season, checking sprinklers and watching for water runoff. I gave supplemental water to the dahlia, trailing petunias, special ceanothus and photinia.
I pruned back the purple lantana that was climbing up the house wall. Its mission in life is to overgrow that narrow bed along the house. I did not find a way to divide it last winter because it is so deeply rooted. The only option may be to dig it out entirely. I replaced the bubbler to the neighboring ice plant and opened it a little further.
The percallis is still struggling. I supplemented the water, laid down standard mulch, and soaked in the mulch.
The day lily off the back porch has an orange-pink bloom and is a lovely addition to that corner.