I had noticed that the venerable white osteopernum was not thriving during this dry season. The main irrigation line was buried in the neighboring sweet pea, and when I untangled it I found no irrigation feeder to the osteopernum. When plants are struggling, sometimes the explanation is simple. I trimmed off the dead growth, attached a new feeder, and will apply supplemental water for a few days. The white osteopernum is one of the longest established plants with a deep root system. It responded almost immediately to water.
While in the area, I reset irrigation feeders to the society garlic and the lilac osteopernum. I need to investigate why the feeders pull off the irrigation manifold.
Rust nearly ate the middle rose alive. I have never seen such an attack before. I trimmed off the dead growth, which was two-thirds of the plant, and applied the Natria pest control. The bottle is ancient and almost crumbled in the sun, and the sprayer was asthmatic. I will need to look for a new bottle of rose pesticide control.